Promote Your Film
How can the Queer Lounge promote my film?
Your film MUST be an Official Selection of the Toronto International Film Festival® and be screening from September 7-17, 2006 and 1) have substantial queer-content which is defined as major queer plotline/subject matter, subplot, character(s) or sensibility or 2) your film is director by a queer-filmmaker. Then the Queer Lounge can help you publicize your film for FREE.
- Place the screening time(s) and venues of your film in our Queer Lounge program, several thousand copies of which will be distributed potential audience members and film professionals such as distributors, agents, financiers, crew members.
- Place the screening times(s) and venue(s) of your film on our website
- Place postcards and one-sheets of your film at our events
Consider the Queer Lounge a great way to promote your film, especially if you are an independent filmmaker or producer who may not have the means to hire a publicist for your film. You've already gone through the gruel of making your film. Rest easier that Queer Lounge patrons are taking note of your film.
Guidelines for promoting your film a Queer Lounge
REMINDER: Please send info and materials as soon as your fim becomes an Official Selection of Toronto International Film Festival®, screening Septermber 7-17, 2006)
If your feature or short film is an Official Selection of Toronto International Film Festival® and has queer-content or is queer-made (the director), please cut-and-paste the following Promote My Film Questionnaire and send your answers via email to: email@example.com
Promote My Film Questionaire: Please answer the following questions #1-12 and send to the above contact via email (we recommend you include a "read receipt").
- Your name, Film Title, Film Festival selected and program, Role/Crew position on film, Contact information in Toronto
- Director name and contact info. Producer name and contact info.
- Will you allow Queer Lounge to publish in the program or on its website, contact info for a representative of your film? If so, who?
- Up to 3 names of actors starring in the film
- Film format and running time
- A 30 to 40 word synopsis. If there is queer-content, please try to include some description.
- If your short has no queer-content, can Queer Lounge identify you as an LGBT filmmaker? Yes or No?
- A list of showtimes with venues
- What section of Festival is your film programmed in? ie. Dramatic Competition, International Documentary, etc. If your film is a short, please specify the program title.
- Attach a maximum of 2 high-resolution images (300 dpi or better)
- Are you, the director or talent available for a panel at Queer Lounge?
- What items below are you mailing?
This material will aid us in editing our Program Guide.
If you send any items, you represent that you or the director own the copyright to the materials and acknowledge that Queer Lounge has the right to edit, publish and display these materials. Queer Lounge also reserves the right to use/not use any information provided. PLEASE NOTE: Queer Lounge is not responsible for lost materials.
Posters & Postcards
Queer Lounge will gladly accept your one-sheets, posters and postcards of your film. More information about where to send these items is coming soon!
What if my film didn't get into a festival?
The Queer Lounge can still assist you. Although we cannot place your information in our Queer Lounge program, please feel free to attend our public events (see panel schedule) and network with other industry professionals.